Join Arcade Fire in building support for Haiti with its Arcade Fire ♥ Haiti campaign during the 2014 Reflektor Tour!
We are now accepting volunteer applications for summer tour dates!
UPDATE: We are still accepting volunteers for the following August shows:
Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Bangor.
All other shows are full.
Since 2006, a dollar from every Arcade Fire ticket sold has gone to organizations that work in Haiti, launching a movement that has engaged over 1000 trained volunteers, and created a community of over 50,000 fans devoted to the intersection of music and activism.
PARTNERS IN HEALTH (PIH) has been working to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care for over 25 years. At its root, PIH’s mission is both medical and moral. It is based on solidarity, rather than charity alone. Though known for its work in Haiti, PIH now works at over 70 sites in a dozen countries around the world, delivering high-quality health care, building systems, and increasing the capacity and commitment of others to do this work. In Haiti, PIH has recently completed construction of the University Hospital in Mirebalais, which will fill a huge void, locally and nationally, for Haitians who previously had limited access to quality health care, particularly after the 2010 earthquake and subsequent cholera epidemic. www.pih.org
KANPE was born of a desire to play an integral part in the fight to help Haiti break free from a vicious cycle of poverty. KANPE is combining its expertise with that of other organizations that have proven themselves in the field, such as Partners in Health (Zanmi Lasanté), which specializes in free healthcare for the underprivileged, and Fonkoze, which is dedicated to helping impoverished families achieve financial independence. KANPE is pooling its efforts with its partners’ to create a new comprehensive program designed to assist and support Haitian society’s most vulnerable populations in their fight for a better future. www.kanpe.org
- Volunteers arrive about 90 minutes prior to the doors opening to fans. They undergo a training session that explains what Arcade Fire ♥ Haiti is all about and how to talk to fans about it!
- Some volunteers will help with our photobooth, some will handle merchandise, and some will focus on engaging and talking to other fans about Haiti.
No special skills are needed to volunteer - just a commitment and passion for the work of PIH and Kanpe, and the ability to get out there and talk to people!
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the form below!
- There are only a few spots available for volunteers at each show
- Volunteer applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. We will work to notify you of your application status at least two weeks prior to the show.
- If you would like to volunteer with a friend, be sure each person fills out an application and note your desire to work together in the "why are you interested in volunteering?" section of the application.
- If you would like to be considered for more than one show, please fill out an additional application for each one.
Feel free to contact us with specific questions.
- Do volunteers get to watch the show?
We make every effort to ensure that volunteers get to watch the show! We will need you volunteering until right before the band goes on stage, but we will make sure to wrap up right before or as they start. We also will need your help for about 20 minutes at the end of the show, too.
Generally volunteers will be watching the show from a GA area. Since you will be helping right up until the band goes on, you won’t be able to go to the very front, but you will get to watch the show, for free!
- What if I already have tickets?
If you already have tickets, you can still volunteer! We will make sure you have time get to your seat or spot before the show starts. That said, if you have GA tickets AND you want to race inside to get a spot at the front, volunteering probably won’t work because you’ll be working right up until the band goes on.
- How old to volunteers have to be?
If volunteering alone, we ask that all volunteers be at least 18. However, younger volunteers are welcome to join us if they are volunteering with an older sibling or parent--just note this in your application.
- When can I apply for later tour dates?
These will be posted soon! Follow @afheartshaiti for updates.